Friday, June 15, 2012

a wedding in pictures


So, because it happened almost two weeks ago.....



    I decided that it might be time for a wedding post.  This time it was my middle sister Kristin getting married.  If you're counting at home, the brothers got married oldest to youngest, and (if Catherine so desires) the sisters would get married youngest to oldest.  At least Kristin could drink the toast at her wedding... so naturally, we didn't have one.  Instead, we got the LJ and I (seen above) dancing down the aisle at the rehearsal.  This happened mainly because we got there twenty-five minutes early and the groom got there twenty-five minutes late, so we had some time to kill.




      But when it came time for the real deal, LJ was all business.  He's a professional, or as he says it, "a perfiesanal."  I think that the good behavior was really due to the fact that there was a string trio directly in front of him-- you could have waved chocolate chip cookies in front of his face and he wouldn't have blinked.

        After that, the Queen got to spend three hours or so hobnobbing with the other royalty while we lower nobility went straight to bed (with supper, at least!)








  The morning of the wedding we really didn't have much to do-- unlike my brother, who went shopping for car parts.  All we did was get prettified.  (Is that a word? Of course not... although spell check has no problem with it.  I hate computers.)

                         Above is Rachel looking all dazzling... with the LJ below.  "I see your lavender and raise you -- one shade of violet."  


 The only thing dazzling about me was my tie, but it was bright enough that in the right light you couldn't see me. :)

                                

The ceremony was lovely, with a timely (read: not too long) homily and beautiful music by the sisters.  Humorously enough, the bridesmaids wore basically the same color dress as my lovely bride, but in satin, while Rachel wore silk, so the sheens were quite different.  We joked that other than that, she could have been a replacement bridesmaid.

    Speaking of car parts, I'm taking the time to officially invite my brother to do a guest post on how he ended up timing his entrance to his reading so perfectly...

            and here we are at the reception.



               The only thing left to do was breakdance!


     The only person at the reception looking smoother than Judah was of course, the bride, who is now the lovely Kristin "only my husband can call me Krissi" Carroll!  Congratulations on the first steps to a long and wonderful marriage!  In closing, I think I'll just quote the groom, who posted this six days after on Facebook,

     " Thanks to all that helped make Krissi and mine's wedding the greatest day it could be.  On a different note, I'm contemplating retiring from work and staying on my honeymoon 
for the rest of my life :) "



              Have a good night all!

2 comments:

  1. As before, I very much enjoyed LJ in a vest and bow-tie. He was quite dashing. As were the rest of the Nimon clan. It's nice to see (and hear) the wedding through someone else's eyes :)
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prettified has been a word since 1840 according to Dictionary.com

    ReplyDelete