Sunday, June 15, 2014

Welcome back!

        (I'm talking mostly to myself , of course... I'm not so egotistical to think that after taking a year and a half off, anyone's sitting around waiting for me to write like I'm George R.R. Martin or something.)  Since it's Father's Day and I'm actually supposed to be doing dishes right now (I know, how cliche, another 'chivalrous' man who lazes around the house), this column will be the shortest one I can remember writing.

       However, it will serve if nothing else as a little 'big-market tease' as to what might be coming.  If you've ever wanted to know such burning questions as:
      A) just what DOES wake LJ up every morning at 5:30 in a total panic;

      B) why if I ever call Rachel the 'ice queen' after her delivery of Jael, I'm not being a jerk, just literal;

      C) why we have a new Square Table (still isn't square), or

      D) why my June 30th blog post might be my most important one ever-- to me, at least, -- come back over the next few days and weeks to find out !!

  P.S.  It's 11:30 and I still haven't done the dishes... I don't know how everyone can be the 'world's best dad,' but I'm removing myself from the running.  It's a lot of pressure!  I'll settle for "mediocre to terrible dad who by the grace of God raised loving, polite children anyway."  There!  That's got a ring to it, don't you think!

     

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back:). I do enjoy reading your post and staying somewhat connected to your beautiful family:).

    ReplyDelete