Saturday, March 3, 2012

Yup, I've got it pretty good :)





Today is a good day for this post, because in no particular order: our car got rejected for its inspection sticker, I've spent half the day (while at work at my full-time job) trying to fix the heat in the house I property manage because the tenants broke it and then told me that the electricity in their hot water heater was off, the cost of flying to visit Rachel's parents doubled, and the boys both had major meltdowns and went for their nap two hours early.

I still stand by the fact that I've got it pretty good.


Why??


Two words (should be four, but she killed both her potential middle names when we got married): RACHEL NIMON (or THE QUEEN, as you will... both two words :)





Sometimes you just need a good reminder. Mine came about a week and a half ago when a good friend and his son dropped by for dinner around 6:30. Mind you, we eat at 5:30, but 6:30 is about the time that he can make it out of work, pick up his son, and get home so that he can start MAKING dinner. I commented to him that he's a much better person than I, because if I'm unfed by 6:30, it's generally not a pretty sight-- morning or evening.

Anyways, he came in and started feeding his son-- but I think what caught my attention (in the best possible way) was just how thankful that he was for everything that I take for granted. He was grateful for the cold food because it was food that he didn't have to cook. He was thankful for the company and the conversation because his wife has to sacrifice and work 10:30am- 7pm so their schedule balances. He was grateful for friends to share his day with and that Rachel kept refilling his plate.

And was I, the ingrate, thankful for much of that... nope. It had just passed me by how much Rachel gives to me and the boys daily of herself without (at least much of the time) us really noticing. When I walk in the door and see this blissful scene (yup, those are my shoes)

-- it's all courtesy of Rachel, and for that I want her to know (on a day where so far Murphy's Law has really seemed to walk unchallenged) that I am THANKFUL for her. In all likelihood, if you're reading this post, she's blessed your life too. (That, or you are reading my blog for the first time and think I'm really mushy... read some of the other ones!!)

God has blessed me with a good wife, and for that I agree with the proverb, "A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies."

5 comments:

  1. Micah,
    You are definitely blessed to have Rachel for your wife and mother of your children! I know she will certainly appreciate this post because I know as a mom how stressful a day with toddlers can be (and I only have one so far) and the sacrifices moms make throughout a given day! Way to be a real man and publicly acknowledge your thankfulness for your wife. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Micah for your very kind words! I love you and am thankful that on terrible, no good, rotten days like today you were my teammate! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After getting to spend a few minutes chatting with Rachel at Naomi's wedding I realized quickly that you are a very lucky man Micah - glad you are aware as well. She's beautiful, smart, funny and crazy about those boys! Never can be too mushy to love your wife more each day. Wishing you all our very best. Love from Maine. ~ Uncle Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I'm glad you two finally got to say hi when we weren't toting around a brand new baby!!

      Delete
  4. I love this post!

    ReplyDelete