Sunday, April 3, 2016

Like Jack Nicholson in the Shining...

"We're back!" (and about as scary).  I had all sorts of big heavy thoughts over an amazing Easter and Lenten season, but realized that's no way to reintroduce yourself.    The inner voice in my head is already saying, "Don't be that guy at the party when someone walks by and says, 'How are you?' and your response is, ' Well, could be better.  My cat just died and my girlfriend left me because apparently she was only in the relationship for the cat and the cat videos she could subsequently post on Facebook..." only to realize that the person has already walked away while you were being Eeyore.  No Eeyores here.

Just these madmen....




and this insane group ...






with a tiny little bit of this going on on Sunday morning trips to Market Basket.





Oh, and Jael is our first to really have TERRIBLE twos -- she was sashaying by the bishop in church today and I heard Fr. Ray say to the bishop, "There goes our little warrior princess. She was the one whose story was being shared on Easter morning" (there will definitely be a post about that at some point when my leaking emotions can CALM THE FREAK DOWN) to which the bishop replied, "I love it!" and I almost turned around and said, "You have no idea, but thank you" because at this point, like any good warrior princess, she has identified the enemy (us/rules of any kind) and  she is taking the fight to us 16 hours a day.  (Available for rental -- little girl with feel -good story and ability, against all odds, to whip harmful projectiles with frightening accuracy... anyone? anyone?)

And we might just be done having kids because after 3 INTENSE children, Aryel seems to have the most happy-go-lucky disposition we could have ever hoped for (here he is in his imaginary recliner)






....UNLESS you try and take his food.  Then he gives you the death stare like this...






Well, that's a re-entry post for you.  
Regular weekly thoughts that will studiously
 avoid any mention of the fact that it's an election year will follow.  Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I await further adventures of the knights and warrior princess. (BTW, yes, I will claim whatever hours I can with above mentioned princess. She has not (yet) identified me as the enemy and I get to experience the sweeter side;-) ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just been thinking Kate is ours to truly have terrible twos... unless she's putting on the mega-charm. She's been an actress for about a year--now she's a monster diva. Hoping this passes! - Laura Halley

    ReplyDelete