Monday, December 5, 2011

a surprise scavenger hunt for the Queen







Well, I have only a few things to say today, because this household is racing against the clock. The Queen returns at any minute and has a surprise scavenger hunt awaiting her-- but you all can play along too... you just don't get to drink the prize at the end. :) Poor you. Above you see a wrapped bottle of liquor. (And by liquor I mean something with so little alcohol I bet small children could drink it unaffected, because that's all we lightweights can handle).

Below you will see six photos, each a different hiding spot for the six bottles currently hidden throughout the house. Ever since we first met (see yesterday's story http://lifeonkingarthurscourt.blogspot.com/2011/12/for-queen-on-her-birthday.html for those details), she has LOVED scavenger hunts. Since I royally screwed up her birthday yesterday, the boys and I are taking advantage of the fact that today is a new day and hopefully it won't have to be rescued by eleven fabulous friends taking her out to dessert and cheering her up-- because, you know, dessert at 10:30 isn't the same as dessert at seven. So, my beautiful Rachel, I am sorry, and here's the key to the first round of the hunt. To the rest of you, here's a little brain exercise in finding small green bottles in confusing (moderately) backgrounds. Happy hunting!


Amongst the games it hides....








Nothing mysterious about this one, but a little harder to figure out where the shot was taken...



The easiest one to find...




And finally, hiding amongst the mess...



To reward anyone that could find all six (I'm guessing that's everyone ;) , a little Elijah story... I came into the kitchen today to see him twisting a ribbon around his torso back and forth. "Dad," he called out, "what am I doing?" This is his cue that I'm supposed to 'guess' what he's doing, and normally it's pretty obvious. I had no idea, and after two or three guesses, I gave up. "LJ," I said, "what are you doing?" Big grin.

"Puttin' on my bra!" Yup-- you can't make this stuff up. And that's why I'm getting a lock on the door for my poor wife in the morning. Have a good night all!

2 comments:

  1. Best story yet! I laughed so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my defense I would just like to say that I do not get dressed in front of either child and I don't know how Elijah learned that! Oh goodness...

    ReplyDelete