Sunday, January 8, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Day 5-- Trampolining with Uncle Andrew





One of my best memories of the holidays this year I have ZERO memory of. That's right, I'm admitting it. I wasn't even there. Didn't want to be there. And had no interest in joining in.

Sounds like a great time, you might say.

AND YOU'D BE RIGHT!!!


Because this is the story of when Uncle Andrew saved the day (no, no that Uncle Andrew from the Chronicles of Narnia-- rather, my brother). It was the day after Christmas and we were all settling into the couches at the Gloucester house, having a quiet dessert and chatting. Scratch that. Most of us were. Elijah, true to form, was doing something like this... "HI THERE! WANT TO PLAY WITH ME!"

Generally the answer to this was "um, no, but maybe later," which is adult-speak for "never gonna happen, kid, even if you are cute,"

The follow-up response was generally, "Oh, ok. Come upstairs and see fan with me now!" Elijah is not one to take a hint.

With chaos hanging in the balance, Uncle Andrew stepped in. "Do you want to go trampolining with me?" he gently asked LJ. Did he? I think he may have tried to sprint outside without a coat on. And for the next blissful hour, the only thing we heard from Elijah was a faint scream of "More! More!" Amazing.

As a final bonus, someone (Rachel?) managed to get a shot of the 'levitating LJ.'

And my brother is officially awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment