Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Let the wedding betting commence...




and for the record, I'm pretty sure this marriage is going to last. ( But that's clearly not what I'm betting on.) My littlest sister (cries nostalgically into a hankie) is getting married on Saturday to a fabulous gentleman named Will. Heck, by the time they celebrate their 1-year anniversary next year, they'll be old enough to drink! Again, not what the betting is about.


The betting centers on this mischievous knight pictured here.





Because he is a) the ring-bearer at said wedding, b) won't even be three years old when all this goes down, and c) is ridiculously unpredictable in public anyway.

So here's the wager: I bet --> 1) he can make it all the way down the aisle without totally melting down. (Because if he doesn't, I'm gonna have to drag him and the pillow down there anyway.)

Here are the other likely scenarios, in descending order:

2) He gets to the back of the church and melts down... doesn't even hit the aisle.

3) He gets halfway up the aisle and starts talking to everyone, completely forgetting why he's even there.

4) He gets all the way up to Will but won't relinquish the pillow, and

5) Gets all the way up front, but then runs away, causing three groomsmen to have to chase him all over the altar.


So what do you think?? My money is still (tentatively) on hoping for the best.






13 comments:

  1. I like hoping for the best, but probably for real he won't want to give up the shiny rings on the pillow. It might take a tug from the best man to get it out of his hands. You'll have to fill me in since I won't see it!
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say he gets to the back of the church and then melts down but mama steps in and tells him he's not allowed to go down the isle and then he'll be like "NO! I will do it!" Yeah I'll resort to that if it'll work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be terrified if Isaac had to do this, but I think I would approach it by explaining to him just what will happen and what is expected of him. Maybe that won't work, but it's worth a shot, right? Also, draw pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been prepping if you will. I even give him my ring and have him 'walk to fill-in-the-blank' and he will do it and ask to do it again and again and we talk about it all the time "I'm going to walk down the isle and give the ring to Will." So he knows what's coming he's just at that fun, unpredictable age where all hell could break loose on the day of. We shall see!

      Delete
  4. i betting on him stopping and talking to everyone !

    ReplyDelete
  5. My ring bearer chose option 2 and never did make it down the isle (he didn't have the rings anyway:). I'm betting that Elijah will to just what he is supposed to:). Hadassah has such a role in September but I think she will still be young enough that it won't matter:).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Naomi and betting on option 4. I think he'll make it, but I don't know that he'll want to give up the rings. Here's hoping for the best :)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every Nimon I have ever met has been amazing in so many ways and I'm sure your Rambunctious Ring wRangler is no exception. Whatever he does will be memorable on this beautiful day! We celebrate with you Naomi and would love to wish you congrats sometime if we can reconnect!
    Love you!
    Jen McNeil

    ReplyDelete
  9. I exactly got what you mean, thanks for posting. And, I am too much happy to find this website on the world of Google. superslot

    ReplyDelete
  10. us.nowogal.com is a professional information platform for sports event. Covering 2000+ soccer, basketball and baseball leagues, cups and tournaments (Premier League, UEFA Champions League, MLS, NBA, MLB etc.), we offer live scores, schedules, in-depth match analysis, detailed statistics, standings and lineups.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dados estatísticas de futebol para resultado ao vivo - BR.Nowgoal -

    BRNowgpal, um site profissional de eventos esportivos que fornece pontuações, resultados e classificações de futebol e basquete em tempo real, gratuitamente. inscreva-se AGORA para as últimas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goaloo covers 2000+ soccer/football and basketball leagues, cups and tournaments (English Premier League/EPL, and UEFA Champions League, NBA etc.).

    ReplyDelete