Thursday, February 9, 2012

Nights with Ina are Always Good





At least I think so!! (and so does LJ, if you look above!)

It had been awhile since Ina had been able to grace us with her presence, but when Rachel told us that she would be able to come over for dessert, Elijah and I both whooped. Judah abstained from any whooping because he's a little more genteel than that, but even he looked cautiously happy-- in a well-bred way, of course. :)


Anyways, we had a lovely evening sitting around attempting to talk around the raucous noises of the one-man party that is Elijah (INA, COME HERE NOW! See the mess I made!) and the unique attention-grabbing style of Judah (soft whine, soft whine, charges across kitchen and attaches to leg while SCREAMING), but not even that could prevent us from catching up.

I had certainly missed seeing her and Dick (here's a little shot from Christmas, which is the last time that I remember sitting down with them),



and it was reminiscent of those (nostalgia is apparently killing me today-- sorry) wonderful mornings of last year when I would show up at 6:30 at her door with a sorry-looking Elijah, only to have her and Elijah grin at each other and kick me out after we got to chat for a bit.

It's nice to have a surrogate grandma live next door when we don't get to see our parents all that much... we will be forever thankful for our relationship with Ina!

No comments:

Post a Comment