Monday, October 24, 2011

surprise!




Yup-- Today was going to be the day that I enthralled you all with my ten favorite books that I have been reading with/ to Elijah, BUT... this little story was just too good to pass up.


It's been a (completely my own fault) relatively rough day for a soft, whiny American like myself-- a REAL knight wouldn't have even been fazed by any of the stupid stuff I did, but between eating WAAAY too much food from Dunkin' Donuts that I wasn't even supposed to get for myself in the first place and tending to a sick/ allergic little Elijah while trying to keep a whining Judah (it's his new thing) from gnawing on us both, it wasn't my favorite day of all time. Thankfully, both boys were tired and dropped off on the shorter side of the day than normal-- Judah at 6:15 at Elijah about 7:15, which is surprisingly early, especially for Elijah.

Still feeling ill myself, I wandered around decluttering the house and doing the dishes when I remembered that I needed to take the comforter for our bed upstairs from the dryer. (This story is shockingly interesting so far, isn't it?) I stuck my head in the boys rooms to make sure they weren't too hot before heading into our room. An inventory of the boys revealed that Judah was sleeping sweetly in his crib, butt pointing straight up to heaven like always. Elijah....

... well, let's just say I found Elijah like this.


Only he wasn't on the stairs-- he was in his bed. The laundry basket covered his entire body and the dirty clothes previously inhabiting said bucket were strewn over the entire room. I also noticed as I tried not to giggle hysterically that the pillows that normally resided on the bed across the room had been commandeered and were piled high behind him, looking like a lopsided fort. "LJ," I bellowed. "What happened?"

"Dad," he said through the mesh, as if seeing me for the first time, "I'm not tired. Can I come play for awhile?"

At that point, he seemed to have made a pretty good case-- don't you think? We've been playing happily together for almost an hour now waiting expectantly for the Queen to return from work. Here's hoping your night has as many little blessings as mine has!

No comments:

Post a Comment