Monday, November 21, 2011

Turning 30 Might Not Be So Bad...



... if you get to have a party where:


1) I got so amped up that I accidentally made our good friends Tim and Heather Magill's beautiful little darling Alyssa cry on four separate occasions -- I think by the end she just didn't like me anymore.

2) I ate FOUR (sense a theme here) pieces of amazing cake made specially for the occasion by cakemaker extraordinaire Yen Chang and then at 7:30 discovered that there were two cream cheese pies still left in the fridge untouched, so I had almost half of one of those.... so good!

3) In news completely unrelated to item #2, I strangely enough gained four pounds in one day.

4) Our two little madmen had all four grandparents in attendance and were loving it!

5) The living room was essentially inhabited only by eight children and four car seats-- and a couple of us fathers whose mental age qualified us for the nursery :)

6) I got to congratulate my sister Naomi Nimon on her recent engagement while reminding her that she'll be married for almost a year before she can even drink champagne ;)

7) There were too many other amazing things to list, but possibly my favorite highlight of the night happened about 8:00 when most of the children had gone home.. the adults started debating the lives of the saints too intently and Patrick Barry saw his chance--

... and I want to add that his parents should be very proud of him... he had loads of cake at his disposal, but instead I want you to note he plopped himself down in front of the hummus and went to town. Now that's the kinda of birthday I want to have every year!!!!


Thanks to everyone who came and made it so special!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry we missed it! Sounds like a blast! Happy Birthday! I found 30 to be pretty amazing too. Dana for all the Olsons (well... only 2 can claim experience with the age of 30)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahaha, smart kid!

    We were bummed to miss it. Happy birthday, should have wished it earlier this evening. But hey, I speak from experience - 30 isn't so bad! (And 31... and now 32, eek.)

    ReplyDelete