Thursday, April 12, 2012

Burgers + fries + me = bad news



So I was sooooooo hungry today that I convinced my beautiful wife to let me get $10 out of the bank (in case you haven't figured out, I can make a lot of money but impulse control = 0; she works two nights a week but manages to keep our little pile intact) and hit up Five Guys on my way out to my second job of the day. I was really psyched, 1) because I was aforementionedly soooo hungry, and 2) because Cajun fries are the best! At least so I remembered.

Um, not anymore. I have ruined all my favorite foods by eating more healthily over the past year and losing weight. Ice cream? Used to love it. Now, I can tell that it really messes with me because ten minutes after, I feel awful. Dunkin Donuts? The best. I ate one chocolate donut a week back after not having any Dunkins for two months and was ill for two hours. And the latest victim of my stupid healthy eating habits? Burgers and fries. I marched in, got a basic burger with a small package of fries, and chowed down in the truck on my way to demolish a gazebo. The only thing that got demolished was me. It put me in such a bad (and sluggish) mood that poor Elijah danced in asking me, "I go to Ina's now?", waited for one second, decided that the asleep-while-standing giant in front of him needed awakening, and swatted me. Except that today, of all days, I didn't want to be swatted and had lifted him off his feet and swept him into the living room in one quick motion. I think I scared him a little bit.

Thankfully, the Queen was on high alert and quickly translated for both sides (LJ could go over to Ina's, and Daddy is just a tired maniac, but not dangerous) ... anyways, the new rule in this house is-- more greens and less meat!! (I hate my life.) So what are we having for dinner? You guessed it-- steak and onion ring salad!!

No, seriously-- you can't make this stuff up!

Have a wonderful night all!!!

3 comments:

  1. I saw a recipie for french fry and steak salad and just switched onion rings instead of fries. It's really quite delicious and a great 'diet' friendly way to eat steak and onion rings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fries are pretty awesome. Maybe just split them with someone next time so there's less damage. :) Did you see a new Five Guys is going in on 114 next to PetCo?

    ReplyDelete