Saturday, April 28, 2012

Life is boring when these beautiful people leave town





      It's a little bit of a weird feeling to wake up in our house and have it be (as Elijah is gesturing above) QUIET!

     And let me be clear-- the only reason it's quiet is because most of the inmates have left the asylum.




      That little boy is now delighting his grandparents and (finally) relinquishing his grip on the Queen's leg after a day of clinging to her as if she were going to leave him in the Mid-Atlantic region without warning.

      Elijah is waking up at 4am, ready to play.... I'm honestly not sad I missed that-- that's about when I went to bed the other night!

     This knight-- is realizing that he leads a pretty boring life.

     My to-do list for the weekend:

                           1) Refinish the kitchen table

                           2) Refinish the end table 

                            3) Do a 2000-pc puzzle

                            4)  Retile the kitchen window

                            5)  Trim the kitchen window

                           6) Stay up until ungodly hours of the night because I will never get to again 


                           7) Clean up after myself



             As a brief aside, #7 is far and away the one on the list least likely to get done :)

             Not exactly all that exhilarating... oh well, at least I have these lovely beauties coming back in a couple days!!!

                                         

4 comments:

  1. Did you already do all the refinishing and so on or did you just say naaaaaah and cross them all off?

    If Tedd and P. left for a bunch of days, I'd refinish my kitchen table, paint the kitchen chairs, make a few outdoor signs, and clean like a boss. I wonder where I could send them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no it's done... they've been gone since Thursday. If you need the chairs painted you could probably send them over here, it's pretty much a magic construction workshop at this point. As far as the sending the family off, you could always tell them to take a 2-day 'staycation' in the basement ... just sayin'

      Delete
  2. They should visit us more often

    ReplyDelete
  3. and boom! #7 is done too... and I thought it would never happen!

    ReplyDelete