Tuesday, April 24, 2012

From the mouth of the LJ


   Well, I'm humbled by the last post that my wife wrote, (http://lifeonkingarthurscourt.blogspot.com/2012/04/why-my-husband-is-amazing-father.html) and not the least of which is that I wasn't going to read the little man anything until I looked in his eyes and saw how much he just wanted to spend some time with me... that sort of sealed the deal, so to speak.  It's hard to resist your children when they're begging for crap like chintzy toys or candy, but when all they want is to snuggle up and read you a book, even Game 6's can't stand up against that.  I am, however, begging that since the Bruins did force a Game 7, the experiment not be repeated tomorrow night (LJ, if you can read this, don't do it).   ;)

 

 In all seriousness, it did get me thinking about all the random stuff that the gentleman grinning above says.  So, in short-but-sweet fashion, here are four head-scratchers straight from his mouth:

      1)   LJ:  "Daddy!  Now I'm a gentleman." (holding a pencil between his teeth)

             Me: (looking up):  "What is that?"

             LJ:  "It's my mustache, of course!"



     2)   LJ: (running around in only a diaper)  "Now I'm naked... until I put my bra on."  (Pretty sure we may have some confusion as to where that article goes)



     3)  Me:  "It's bedtime."

          LJ:  "Now I'm very hungry.  May I have juice and grapes and crackers before bed, please?"
 

   
     4)  LJ:  (Looking down from his pew at church during confession): "What are THOSE??"
                      (Points at the feet of the person kneeling in front of us)  You make them leave NOW!"

 ... Sometimes, there are no words.




       Have a wonderful night everyone!
     

2 comments:

  1. Those are so funny!!! Kids really do say the darnedest things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! It's amazing what goes through their heads! I often just text message quotes to Mike throughout the day so he know the crazy things I hear, because I can't remember them by the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete