Monday, May 14, 2012

children in morning, parents take warning ...

  Remember that old nursery rhyme-- "Red sky at night, sailor's delight.  Red sky in morning, sailors take warning!" ?  I'm abridging it a wee bit.  'Children at night, parents duck out of sight.  Children in morning, parents take warning!"

                                    

       And in our case, I don't mind them in the morning at all... but the only time that I get to myself typically runs from about 4:30- 6:00 am.  I'm pretty sure they've sniffed this out, because the last two days they've been up at 5:25.  And worse-- they started talking amongst themselves and are taking turns.  Two days ago, LJ took the early shift and wanted to eat cereal with me at 5:15.  Today, he woke up just long enough to holler a couple times as I shot into his room to calm him down, which was surprisingly easy.  Turns out he was just giving the 'all clear' for Judah, who poked his cute little head up and started 'talking' through the door at us as soon as Elijah went back to sleep.  I don't care if he is only 15 months old; Judah's going to sleep in LJ's room sooner rather than later.  Then they can yap at each other all they want and I DON'T HAVE TO WAKE UP TO SHUSH THEM... just saying.





     The other person who has to watch out for the 'children in morning' is the "beautiful mama," as Elijah likes to call her.  I'm going to let her do a Mother's Day post tomorrow, but one of my highlights was at 8:30 in the morning--  we (the three knights) had been up since 5:30, and were getting a wee bit restless.  Rachel had been out the night before for some pre-Mother's Day celebrating and had stayed up until 11 or so, which is waaaaaay past her bedtime, so we agreed she could catch some beauty sleep until 8:30 or 9.

                                      

      I outlined the plan to my two lieutenants.  We would tiptoe upstairs, I would give Rachel a kiss, and Elijah would whisper "I love you" to her and give her a present.  It would have worked very well except lieutenant #1 only listened to HALF of the instructions.  He tiptoed upstairs quietly like a champ-- then improvised.  Bursting through the door, he screamed, "SURPRISE, BEAUTIFUL MAMA!  WE LOVE YOU!"  Rachel's awakening was, um, abrupt... and I have the utmost respect for her that after the first terrified gasp, she actually enjoyed her little ceremony without killing anyone.  And's that why I love her-- at least one of the reasons.

          Yup, children in morning-- take in low doses.  Have a good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment