Tuesday, May 29, 2012

how to get your husband to punch himself in three easy steps...



(cut to photo of the Queen looking quite pleased with herself)





                   This little 3-step setup happened on Memorial Day weekend, worthy of a wondrous post in its own right, but probably not going to get one because of all the craziness it's sandwiched between... with that apology out of the way, this is how the lovely lady pulled it off:

 
                   First, she bewildered me with her good looks.  Since she has been losing so much weight and toning up recently, she has inherited a bunch of "new to her" clothes from her younger sister, who is doing the exact same thing, only Laura started six months earlier... so Rach gets all her old clothes.  In turn, Rach will bust out a sparkling new outfit every couple of weeks to turn my head.  It works.  Frankly, a little too well.  I never saw step two coming.

                   Second,  she relaxed me and the other two vigilant back-seat knights into a stupor-like state on our drive to Gloucester.  (This was possibly the hardest step, because getting Judah to stop squealing at this phase is nigh impossible-- the poor man wants to do everything Elijah can but he isn't allowed to yet!  And thus he shrills!!  Ugh!)  The two boys were slumped out napping; I leaned against the window and enjoyed my life.

                  Third, she pulled the rug out-- or in this case, rolled up the window.  Though to this day she swears it was "totally unintentional," she rolled the window out from under my arm, which caused me to jerk my arm involuntarily back into the car-- full speed.  Which is where my unsuspecting face was leaning, blissfully thinking my wife was attractive.  It didn't really think that anymore after I punched myself full-speed.  In fact, my brain didn't think much of anything for a little while after that.  I may have become the first person I know to give myself a concussion.  




                And that's why the Queen looks so smirky-- she's smart enough to get her husband to punch himself in the face for her.  Is there anything a woman like that can't do?


               And that's why I love her... she's Wonder Woman.




              Have a good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment