Tuesday, May 8, 2012

it's gonna be exciting!

          Every once in awhile, it's hard to see out of a gray tunnel up here in the oh-so-lovely North.  (Brief aside: any weather people out there able to tell me why it averaged about 68 in March but is somewhere near 55 so far in May??)
          Work is either sitting at home waiting for the clouds to clear or doing incredibly fun things like move furniture and investigating crawl spaces with cobwebs very much like these.

                                          

            So on days like today, I choose to look forward to things in the not-so-distant future that just might snap me out of my funk.


            Some of them include:  1)  spending a little early-morning time with this little snuggler and his 'faceplug,' since he has taken up the "someone must wake up at 5:30 to make sure Dad's up!" mantle from his older brother.




      2) This one will probably make the lovely Naomi Deckert happier than anyone else-- I finally finished my amazing video game Valkyria Chronicles (highly recommended for anyone who likes great sweeping dramatic/ romantic stories combined with strategic battlecraft), which means that I'm launching back into the world of writing some stories or novels at night... I can't decide between finishing a longer book that I've already started or writing a shorter story about the unwitting escapades of  a very small detective.  Either way, I'm happy for the chance.

     3) I'm looking forward to completing the training process so that Elijah can make me coffee unassisted-- he thinks he can right now but the last time he did everything right save putting the cup underneath the Keurig... thank goodness for eagle-eyed Judah!!  (Anyways, it's fun now that they want to do almost everything with me.  It might take a little longer, but I know the days are coming where I won't be able to dig up help if I had a backhoe.)

                                 
 

      4)  Finally, I'm thankful to be invited to celebrate the wedding of my sister Kristin as on June 2nd, she becomes Kristin Carroll... it has such a nice 'ring' to it!  She may regret the invitation once all three of us knights show up in our shining suits of armor/ polyester, but at least the Queen will make an appearance!

        Hopefully you have some similar delights coming your way soon.... have a wonderful night!

1 comment:

  1. If your short stories about the escapades of a young detective are based on your most wonderful children then I think you should write those, but if they're not you should finish some of the books you've been writing for a while. And yes...it does make me incredibly excited that you're writing again. I hope you think of me first to edit them! If it encourages the decision at all, Mrs. Elliot thought I was a great writer :)
    -Naomi

    ReplyDelete