Wednesday, September 21, 2011

a free anatomy lesson



Disclaimer: this blog often deals with children and the mortifying and embarrassing things they say... today is one of those times. If you are easily embarrassed, read no further.... no one will think less of you. :) The rest of you, read on ----




Tonight was LJ's bath night, and when he's in the shower he's generally good for a couple of revelatory comments about body parts that adults don't normally talk about in great detail. Today, nothing-- he was far too busy with his foam alphabet letters while I whiled away the time doing crosswords. Finally, I scooped him up and wrapped him in his bath towel as we walked into his bedroom. He glanced up at me as if he was seeing me for the first time that night, "Daddy!"

"What is it, LJ?" I said.

"Daddy," and here his tone got very excited, "LJ have penis-- Daddy have penis." The whole body parts thing is the Queen's domain-- her family is the medical one; I can't even say "penis" with a straight face. But Elijah wasn't done imparting his wisdom. "LJ have nipples-- Daddy have nipples. Mama..." here he got a big grin and paused for dramatic effect. I was crimson. "Mama doesn't have nipples."

Just in case you ever wondered!











No comments:

Post a Comment